London - Traffic Manager
Based near Londons vibrant Covent Garden and working with operations team across Europe this role is a fantastic opportunity to get into a fast paced business and continue to develop your skill and knowledge set across new platforms in a global, market leading company.
About Specific Media
As a leader in the digital advertising space, we pride ourselves on our ability to reach, target and engage with consumers. As a business we are committed to growing our advertising platform across all devices and formats, which provides a continuous learning environment for this role.
What is the role?
The role of the Traffic manager is to handle the day to day operations with fellow team members including creative uploading & testing, inventory management and availability. Implementing pre-determined workflow processes to improve efficiency and accuracy of the ad campaign delivery and working with relevant clients when necessary.
About the team
The Traffic Manager position is part of the Network Operations department and reports to the Director of UK Network Operations. The Trafficking department is responsible for creative trafficking and inventory management.
What do you do, day to day?
The Traffic Manager will interface with proprietary ad serving system to perform the full range of trafficking functions.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Manage the workload of the UK trafficking team to ensure as a team you are delivery the highest possible level of service to the business.
- Daily Trafficking of campaigns across all existing and new, devices and formats.
- Creative Q/A, creative uploading, parameter set up and targeting.
- Ensuring campaigns launch timelines are managed and adhered to.
- Examining and troubleshoot tagging and delivery issues and providing a detailed escalation to the engineering team, where necessary.
- When appropriate working with relevant client contacts, either publisher or agency advertiser, to discuss tag issues and work towards resolutions.
- Liaise across multiple departments in the Company on areas such as volume planning, prioritization and scheduling of campaigns where necessary, ensuring ad tags on the site and correct page setup to serve all advertising placements on the website are working.
- Work with technical account management on improving business requirements for systems improvements, scalability and automation tools.
- Help administer operating policies consistent with corporate objectives and ensure their execution.
- Ensure timely and situation appropriate correspondence related to gathering and uploading creative, reporting and issue resolutions.
- Follow clearly the ad operations policies and procedures (including copy clearance).
What kind of person are you?
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Traffic Manager Requirements:
- 2 - 3 years trafficking experience within the Digital Space.
- Experience and strength in client facing contact.
- Ability to quickly learn capabilities of new device and product areas.
- Knowledge and understanding of the structure of Agency Adserver Tags.
- Able to show understanding and clearly express all processes involved against each campaign trafficked.
- Ability to respond to frequent pressure to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Excel and experience of main agency/publisher ad server products.
- Ability to multi-task and proven ability to adapt to change.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Hands on knowledge of a recognized publisher side ad serving system such as DART, Helios or Atlas is desirable.